RFU Acoustic Tests Data
- Made from 100% natural wood fiber, allows for leveling of floor imperfections up to ⅛” per 3 ft.
- Free-floating, economical underlay saves installation time
- Rigid, stable top surface simulates the sound and feel of nail-down hardwood flooring.
- Excellent thermal qualities for warmth and comfort
- High smoothing qualities, creates a beautiful finished floor
- Will not bounce like many foam & felt products, increases lifetime of the floor.
- Removes the hollow sound attributed to many floated engineered hardwood and laminate floors
Floated Laminate flooring over 9mm RFU over 6″ IIC 52 RP-1A concrete slab-no ceiling
Floated Eng. Hardwood over 9mm RFU over 6″ concrete slab- no ceiling FIIC 60 RP-2B
Floated Eng. Hardwood over 9mm RFU over 1 ½” gypsum topping over 5/8″ plywood – 16” TJI – 24 centers RC1 channel – batt insulation – 1 layer 5/8 GWB IIC 52 RP-1A
Floated Eng. Hardwood over 9mm RFU over 1 ½” lightweight concrete topping over 5/8″ plywood – 2 x 10″ – 16″ centers- batt insulation, RC-1 channel, 5/8″ GWB FIIC 57 RP-6A