VSU CP Dry Screed Floor Underlayment System
VSU CP Acoustic Underlayment is a dry leveling cement based screed underlayment system developed to be installed over lightweight wood frame construction in place of gypsum topping. VSU CP consists of a top & bottom cement bonded panels that weighs 4 ¼ lb per sq ft and will increase the STC rating.
VSU CP is an excellent alternative to gypsum based topping which can take up to 28 days to dry before flooring can be installed. VSU CP allows for fast track installation in which most floors can be installed the same day.
VSU CP can be used in combination with many floor coverings, including hardwoods, ceramic tiles; sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl tiles, cork, linoleum and rubber (resilient vinyl floors will require floor patch over seams).
VSU CP can also be installed on top of an acoustic underlayment to increase the IIC rating. Because VSU CP is a floated system it can be installed over PAU, RFU or FOOTFALL soundproofing underlayments which allows you adjust the threshold height based upon the underlayment used as well as adjust for acoustics.
VSU CP was recently tested over a 6” slab with a 12 mm wood fibre underlay an achieved a 22 dB noise reduction Lw 22. VSU CP is constructed of non-flammable Class A fire rated materials.
Benefits of VSU CP Acoustic Underlayment
• Suitable for heavy use
• Compatible with Hardwood, Tile, Carpet & Resilient vinyl flooring
• High compressive strength
• Fast track installation • Impervious to moisture
• Increased STC rating – 4 ¼ lbs sq ft
• Perfect for application where weight & mass is necessary
VSU CP Acoustic Underlayment Product Specification:
- Total thickness 12 mm / ½”
- Board Size 23 ⅝” x 47 ¼”
- Sold in Boards 7.75 sq ft per board
- Weight – sq ft 4 ¼ lbs per sq ft
- Weight per sheet 16.5 lbs x 2
VSU CP Concrete
VSU CP Woodframe