CeraZorb Acoustic Floor for Setting Ceramic Tile
Cerazorb Acoustic Floor Underlayment is a lightweight 5 mm thick underlayment system that has been specially designed for use under tile and stone. QuiteFloor offers high energy impact with low weight and will remain unchanged after repeated impact loads.
CeraZorb is a Synthetic cork underlayment that will not rot, swell, absorb water and is anti microbial. CeraZorb has been tested and has the performance equal to 1/2″ natural cork at a much lower price.
CeraZorb can be installed below radiant floor heat and offers excellent insulation properties.
CeraZorb soundproofing floor underlayment can be bonded to approved sub floors using T-440 bond coat adhesive or installation with our Peel & Stick version.
CeraZorb Acoustic Floor Benefits
- Up to 25 times lighter than 1/4″ backer board
- Set Tile and Stone over any acceptable sub floor
- “Synthetic cork product” will not rot, support mold & mildew or absorb moisture
- Thin profile 3/16″ thick, 4′ x 4′ sheets
- Lightweight only 28 lbs per box, 25 sheets per box, 400 sf,
- Credible acoustical and crack suppression
- Optional Peel & Stick available
- Passes Robinson test to light commercial rating
- Thickness: 5mm—3/16”
- Sheet Size: 4’ x 4’
- Qty Box: 25 sheets / 400 sq ft
- Weight: 28 lbs box
- R Value: 5
- Peel & Stick: Available
- TCNA Test: Light Commercial
CeraZorb Acoustic Underlayment is used in areas where sound isolation and crack prevention are required.
CeraZorb is not a structural product and the sub floor must not exceed deflection of L/360 of span including live and dead loads. Cement board is not required if the structural requirements are met.
The CeraZorb Underlayment is bonded to approved sub floors using a T-440 bond coat adhesive. Once the CeraZorb acoustic floor underlayment has been adhered to the sub floor a Latex modified thin set is recommended.